Promotional items are undoubtedly a strong marketing tool because they are vehicles for getting your brand in front of prospective customers. Promotional items drive sales, broaden your reach and communicate your brand message long after the first impression. Businesses of all industries, from expansive corporations to mom and pop shops, can utilize promotional items to their advantage. Here are some of the ways to utilize promotional items in your marketing strategy.
1. Incorporate Promotional Items into the Sales Cycle
Promotional items can be incorporated into the sales cycle to encourage an immediate sale and future business. Prospective customers are more inclined to do business with a company when they receive a promotional item. In fact, according to research by the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), 52% of customers will return to the business after receiving a promotional item. Promotional items are a way to “break the ice,” allowing you to establish a connection and start business relationships off on the right foot. Branded apparel and custom uniforms can help drive sales as well because they will serve as further advertising and help promote your brand.
2. Giveaway Promotional Items at Trade Shows and Corporate Events Conventions, trade shows and other corporate events present an opportunity for your company to quickly reach a large audience and create lasting impressions. Promotional items are essential to your organization’s success at these events as they leave a lasting impression that travels with your prospective customers long after the event. Everyone loves and expects to receive promotional swag at these events, so creativity and strategically picking promotional items can go a long way for boosting brand exposure with attendees.
3. Demonstrate Client and Employee Appreciation with Promotional Gifts Show your clients and employees you have their best interests at heart by customizing promotional items that they find useful, practical and unique. Thoughtful promotional items that add value or make their lives a little simpler can go the extra mile for your brand. Give custom promotional items to commemorate holidays, birthdays, completed projects, work anniversaries or a business milestone. Clients and employees will appreciate the gesture and will be reminded of your brand every time they use the promotional item.
4. Give a Lasting Reminder of Your Brand On average, consumers keep promotional items for over six and a half months and 63% pass along promotional items they no longer wish to keep. Prospective customers, current clients and employees will consistently be reminded of your brand when using your custom promotional item. Be sure to customize promotional items that are relevant and useful to your clients so you can stay top-of-mind.
5. Utilize Your Advertising Budget Effectively Promotional items are extremely cost-effective advertising tools and can be used in addition to or as a substitute for other marketing techniques. According to research by the PPAI, adding a promotional item to your media mix will increase the effectiveness of other media by up to 44%. Furthermore, logoed mugs can be more effective than radio and television advertisements, as 57% of consumers are able to recall the advertiser on a mug compared to 32% of radio and 28% of television advertisements.
Get Started Branding Promotional Items with Fully Promo For promotional item inspiration and strategies that will boost brand awareness, contact Fully promo, a leader in the promotional products and embroidery industries. Fully Promo has thousands of high-quality and easily customizable promotional items that can be tailored to your specific brand message. Each locally owned Fully Promo resource center is equipped with knowledgeable branding specialists from your community.